1. All information in this website on how to participate in “SilverKris Your Stories” giveaway (the “Giveaway”) shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. You are advised to obtain independent legal advice at your own expense before participating in the Giveaway. Ink Publishing Pte Ltd (the “Organiser”) and Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”) will not be responsible for any consequences that you may suffer (including without limitation any damage, loss, injury or disappointment), or that result in infringement of any law or regulation, by entering the Giveaway or your acceptance of any Prize.
3. By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by and to comply with these Terms & Conditions. The Organiser and/or SIA reserve the right to disqualify you at any stage of the Giveaway for any non-compliance with or breach of these Terms & Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of any discovery of non-compliance or breach at any time, any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed. In such an event, the Organiser and/or SIA’s decision shall be final.
4. The Giveaway is void in countries where the Organiser and SIA, at its sole and exclusive discretion, are of the view that such Giveaways are banned or deemed inappropriate or illegal.
5. Submission of an entry does not automatically qualify a person to participate in this Giveaway. This Giveaway is only open to natural persons who are SilverKris.com users aged eighteen (18) years and above at the date of entry. Employees of the Organiser, SIA, and their subsidiaries, and their immediate family members, and any other parties who are involved in organising the Giveaway are ineligible to enter the Giveaway. The Organiser reserves the right but does not have the obligation to verify the eligibility of entrants. The entry is not transferable. The demise of an entrant automatically disqualifies his/her entry.
6. All entries must be received by the Organiser during the relevant Giveaway Period stated in paragraph 7 below. Any entry submitted outside of the Giveaway Period shall be disregarded. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt of the entry. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries, including entries not received by the Organiser or delays in the delivery of the entries due to technical disruptions, errors, failures, overloads, network congestion or any other reason.
7. The Giveaway Period shall be ongoing until such time that the Organiser and SIA decide in their sole and absolute discretion to cease the Giveaway.
HOW TO ENTER
8. To enter the Giveaway, entrants must submit their story and/or photos on their experience/s flying on Singapore Airlines. Their image should be in high resolution. Submissions are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants must include their full names (as in their current passport), date of birth, contact telephone number, country of residence and mailing address
9. Entrants are permitted to participate in the Giveaway more than once, provided that each entry is unique.
10. Entrants are required to submit their own entries, and shall not submit an entry via a third party. Bulk submissions of the same entry are not permitted. If it becomes apparent, or the Organiser reasonably suspects, that individuals are attempting to submit multiple similar entries, for example by using multiple email addresses, these individuals and their submissions will be disqualified. The Organiser and/or SIA reserves the right to disqualify entrants if it appears that they have attempted to circumvent these rules, and no prizes will be awarded to such entrants. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of any discovery of non-compliance or breach of these rules occurs after the award of any prizes, any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed. In such an event, the Organiser and/or SIA’s decision shall be final, and made in its sole discretion.
11. By participating in the Giveaway, you agree that:
a) any and all personal data submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed by the Organiser for the following purposes: to communicate with the entrant for purposes related to the Giveaway, to provide goods and services to you upon request, to send SilverKris e-newsletters (“EDM”) and messages relating to SilverKris news, products and services, and such other matters in respect of which you may have otherwise provided the Organiser with consent;
b) the Organiser and SIA may collect, use, and disclose to its service providers, the entrant’s personal data, including your photographs or audio-video and other recordings such as those obtained under paragraph 15 below (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in SilverKris, the Organiser and SIA’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Giveaway or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
c) the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in the Organiser and SIA without further compensation and you hereby assign any and such intellectual property rights to the Organiser and SIA.
12. The Organiser and SIA shall select stories from the entries received and publish the selected stories on SilverKris.com from the entries received. If an entrant’s story is published on SilverKris.com, he/she will receive a S$50 KrisShop voucher (each a “Prize” and collectively “Prizes”), subject to compliance with the terms and conditions in this document, particularly clauses 8, 9, and 10.
13. Prizes are not negotiable, transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash, credit or kind, either in part or in full. Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation is payable if a winner is unable to use a Prize as stated. There is no refund for a partially used Prize. The Organiser reserves the right to change and vary the Prizes at any time and may substitute any Prize for an alternative Prize of similar value without any prior notice. Other terms and conditions may apply to the Prize.
14. All other arrangement and any expenses for collecting the prizes, including travelling to Singapore shall be solely borne by the winners including but not limited to visa, air fares to Singapore, passport fees.
15. By accepting the Prize, the winner signifies his/her agreement and consent to participate in and to co-operate as required by the Organiser and/or SIA with all reasonable media requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and having his/her name, photo and quotes published in any media (including the SilverKris magazine) owned by the Organiser and/or Singapore Airlines Limited. If the winner withdraws his/her consent, he/she will surrender the Prize to the Organiser. For the avoidance of doubt, the consent may not be withdrawn after any part of the Prize is used by the winner. All Material pursuant to this term shall belong exclusively to the Organiser and the winner hereby assigns his/her copyright and intellectual property rights in the Material to the Organiser.
16. Winners will be notified by email. Each Prize will be awarded to the entrant named in the winning entry. For local (Singapore) winners, collection details will be provided in the notification email. For overseas winners, vouchers will be sent to the address stated in their entry, via registered mail. The Organiser may in its sole and absolute discretion deal with any unaccepted or unclaimed Prize as it deems fit. If the winner is deceased before the Prize is accepted, the Prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
17. Where applicable, Prizes not collected within two (2) months from date of notification shall be disposed of at Organiser’s sole discretion. The Organiser’s and SIA’s decisions regarding the award of all Prizes and in all matters relating to this Giveaway shall be final and binding on all entrants in the Giveaway, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding the Organiser’s and SIA’s decision on the same.
18. If an entrant’s contact information changes during the Giveaway period, the entrant must immediately notify the Organiser or his/her entry will be disqualified.
19. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier will apply to the Prize where applicable.
20. By entering this Giveaway or accepting a Prize, you agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless each of the Organiser and SIA, its parent company, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and representatives against any and all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties and costs (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses, due to, arising out of or incurred as a result of your entry into the Giveaway, your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or acceptance of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. All warranty claims in regards to a Prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions apply to this Giveaway nor in respect of the Prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the Prizes.
21. The Organiser and SIA reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions in any such manner it deems fit, including the right to cancel this Giveaway, without prior notice or reason, and without liability to such entrant or winner.
22. These Terms and Conditions, and the Giveaway shall be construed according to and governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore. In case of a dispute, the courts of Singapore will have exclusive jurisdiction.
23. Entry to the Giveaway is personal to the entrant. No other person has any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce or enjoy the benefit of this Giveaway through an entrant’s entry.